FAQ - ADCB Mobile App
1. What is the ADCB Mobile Banking App?
ADCB’s Mobile Banking initiative is aimed at providing customers seamless connectivity to the Bank. With the new ADCB Mobile Banking App, you can now access your account details, make Credit Card and utility bill payments and transfer money instantly, pay your child’s school and college fees at your convenience, through your Smartphone.
2. How do I get started?
- To get started you would need to first download the ADCB Mobile Banking App on your Smartphone(iPhone/iPad/Android/Blackberry) through the App Store following which a one-time registration is required.
- To register for the first time or to add a new device subsequently simply:
- Login to ADCB Personal Internet Banking and click the “Mobile Banking” link and follow the on-screen instructions
- Use the ADCB IVR on 8002030, 8008008 or 8002004 and follow the instructions
- Call our Contact Centre on 8002030, 8008008 or 8002004 and speak to one of our Phone Banking officers who can assist you through the registration process
3. Who can use the ADCB Mobile Banking App?
All existing ADCB Customers can use the ADCB Mobile Banking App.
4. How do I know if my phone is compatible?
The ADCB Mobile Banking App is available currently for the Apple iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Mobile phone browsers. Tablet versions will be available soon. All you need to ensure is the availability of an active 3G/ WIFI/ Edge connection (i.e. ability to connect to internet).
5. How do I check if I have internet connection on my phone or how do I subscribe?
Please go to your mobile phone’s web browser and try opening any website (for example: www.adcb.com). If the site opens you have an active connection. If it does not open, you need to subscribe for the facility by contacting your telecom service provider OR connect to a WiFi network.
6. Can my friend get access to his account using the ADCB Mobile Banking App installed on my phone?
No. Once the App is installed and registered, another customer’s account cannot be accessed on the same device.
7. What should I do if I experience difficulty downloading or using the application?
If something isn't working right, you can try restarting or re-setting your handset. If you still experience difficulty you can try deleting and then re-installing the application. If problems persist please write to ADCBMobile@adcb.com or call our Contact Centre on 8002030 (within UAE) or +97126210090 (outside UAE).
8. I have two mobile phones can I have access to ADCB Mobile Banking App for my account on both my phones?
Yes. You can have this application on a maximum of 5 devices.
9. What do I do if my Activation key has expired?
In case your Activation key has expired you can visit www.adcb.com and log in to ADCB Personal Internet Banking and select the “Mobile Banking” option or call our Contact Centre and request for a new Activation key.
10. What do I do if I have forgotten my Login password?
In case you have forgotten your Login password, access the Forgot Password option on the App and follow the steps OR call our Contact Centre.
11. How do I unlock my service?
In case you have been locked out from the ADCB Mobile Banking App, call our Contact Centre and request for a Re-activation key which is sent by SMS to your registered mobile. Using this Re-activation key, set up your own Mobile Banking App password freshly.
12. What if I change my phone or if I lost my phone?
Please visit www.adcb.com and log in to ADCB Personal Internet Banking, select the “Mobile Banking” option and on screen click “Remove Device” for the required device OR call our Contact Centre for assistance with the same.
13. What happens if I permanently change my SIM card?
In case you change your Mobile Number permanently (i.e. New number from your service provider), we recommend that you inform us by calling our Contact Centre to update your records. Changing your number however, will not disrupt access to the ADCB Mobile Banking App as long as Internet connectivity is established on it.
14. In case the existing SIM is damaged, what happens if the SIM is changed for the same mobile?
Changing your SIM card with the same mobile number will not disrupt access to Mobile Banking service.
15. Can I access ADCB Mobile Banking App when I am outside UAE?
Yes. As long as your device has got Internet connectivity.
16. How secure is this application?
ADCB Mobile Banking App is highly secure. There is no sensitive data stored on the handset and the App is password protected. In addition, One-Time Password (OTP) is required for authentication of any financial / critical transactions.
17. How much will it cost me?
The service is currently made available by the Bank on a complimentary basis. The Bank reserves the right to and in the future intends to charge the Account Holder for use of the Mobile Banking Services by the Account Holder. The Bank shall notify the Account Holder of such charges, as and when they become applicable. The Account Holder shall be liable for payment of such airtime or other charges that may be levied by the Cellular Service Provider in connection with sending of the Requests and/or receipt of the Alerts, Internet / Data access, information or confirmation of execution of Requests as per the terms and conditions of the Cellular Service Provider.
18. What security precautions should I take when using the ADCB Mobile Banking App?
- We recommend that you follow the below guidelines:
• Do not store your ADCB Mobile Banking App Password on your device
• Always sign out of the ADCB Mobile Banking App after completing your banking activities
• Never leave your device un-attended
• Clear your mobile phone browser cache and cookies on a regular basis
- We recommend that you follow the below guidelines:
19. What should I do if I have more queries regarding this facility?
If you have any queries on the ADCB Mobile Banking App, you may contact us at our call centre on 8002030. You may also visit our website www.adcb.com or email us at ADCBMobile@adcb.com