Avoiding Phishing Scams
Double check before double clicking
Internet fraudsters send out emails which appear to be sent legitimately by banks asking for your personal banking details. Please be aware that ADCB will NEVER send you an e-mail asking you to share confidential information, such as your account number or your Internet Banking username or password.
- Be careful with any email that requests urgent personal or financial information.
- Access Personal Internet Banking by typing www.adcb.com in the address bar of your browser.
- Enter information, such as card numbers, only on secure websites that use a secure browsing mechanism (HTTPS) and have a closed lock icon on the status bar.
- Ensure you keep your bowser updated and that any anti-virus software has the latest security updates.
- Click on links within the email to access ADCB@ctive.
- Reply to phishing emails that ask you to respond immediately with lucrative offers.
- Assume that an email is authentic, even if it is personalised.
- Send personal information to the Bank by email.
Please report any suspected privacy abuses or other related security issues to 600 50 2030 within the UAE or to +971 2 6210090 outside the UAE.