Be Aware Of Key Loggers
Make sure it is safe to type your password
Key logging is used by internet fraudsters to capture your password/PIN or other sensitive information you type into the computer. Software programs or small hardware devices can be programmed to record which keys you type. Once the fraudsters collect your password/PIN, they might use it for their own financial gain.
- Install anti-virus software with the latest security patches and anti-virus signatures on your home computers.
- Monitor your transactions regularly.
- Report any irregularities in statements immediately to the ADCB Contact Centre on 600 50 2030.
- Use computers located in public places, such as internet cafes or airport lounges, to access internet banking.
- Visit suspicious sites or follow any of the instructions.
- Postpone reviewing your Credit Card and account statements.
- Respond to suspicious or Spam emails.
Please report any suspected privacy abuses or other related security issues to 600 50 2030 within the UAE or to +971 2 6210090 outside the UAE.